This project is read-only.
1
Vote

got error

description

After adding the tool to my solution, i got the OData Designer link and its showing the designer with the following error. tool not working.. how to solve this error.
 
Error details
 
[Async_ExceptionOccurred]
Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=4.0.50917.0&File=System.dll&Key=Async_ExceptionOccurred
 
at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
at CRM.Tools.ODataQueryDesigner.CrmSdk.ExecuteCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
at CRM.Tools.ODataQueryDesigner.Readers.MetadataReader.ExecuteRetrieveEntities_ExecuteCompleted(Object sender, ExecuteCompletedEventArgs response)
at CRM.Tools.ODataQueryDesigner.CrmSdk.OrganizationServiceClient.OnExecuteCompleted(Object state)

comments

RhettClinton wrote Mar 16, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Hello, thanks for your feedback. Could you provide some further feedback about your CRM instance and solution. Do you have a language pack installed? Are you using RTM? Do you have custom entities? Was the organisation a new CRM 2011 org or is a CRM4 upgrade or upgrade from Beta/RC?

Thanks,
Rhett

wrote Mar 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM

RhettClinton wrote Mar 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Try the attached solution file from this comment and let me know if it resolves the error.

wrote Mar 17, 2011 at 2:59 PM

RhettClinton wrote Mar 18, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Can you check your server's eventlog for a System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException error and any error log items that seem assocated to it when this occurs and send me the details please.

Thankyou.

peach_wyss wrote Mar 23, 2011 at 11:21 AM

thanks for the great tool, but i got the same error here...any suggestions?
Peter

RhettClinton wrote Mar 23, 2011 at 12:11 PM

What url are you using to access crm, localhost, server name or ip address? Can you try accessing crm using the server name and then access the tool. Also can you try from the server and from a client?

thank you, Rhett

peach_wyss wrote Mar 24, 2011 at 8:34 AM

Hy Rhett

On the client it doesn't work with DNS-Alias/Servername or IP-Address of the server.
On the server it doesn't work witch DNS-Alias and IP-Address, but with the Servername in the URL it works!

Kind regards,
Peter

RhettClinton wrote Mar 24, 2011 at 6:33 PM

I think it is definitely to do with cross-domain access so if the url returned from Xrm.Page.context.getServerUrl() doesn't match the url you access crm from it will be cross domain and fail.

guruprasadbtech wrote Jun 29, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Hi Rhett Clinton,

Thanks for you information. When i access the CRM url with servername Odata Query Desiger worked fine.

Thanks,
Guru

RhettClinton wrote Oct 18, 2011 at 1:08 AM

If you still experience the same error please download the latest version 1.0.0.4 and if you see an error please forward it to me.

Many thanks,

Rhett

wrote Feb 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM