Error on Initialization

Apr 19, 2011 at 1:11 PM

When I attempt to start the designer I receive the following error:

An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid.  Check InnerException for exception details.

at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
   at CRM.Tools.ODataQueryDesigner.CrmSdk.ExecuteCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
   at CRM.Tools.ODataQueryDesigner.Readers.MetadataReader.ExecuteRetrieveEntities_ExecuteCompleted(Object sender, ExecuteCompletedEventArgs response)
   at CRM.Tools.ODataQueryDesigner.CrmSdk.OrganizationServiceClient.OnExecuteCompleted(Object state)

I am having access issues with odata from jscript as well.  I assume it is a security issue but I have attempted to change security to nothing everywhere I can think of (iis,web.config,organizationdata.svc) with no luck.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

CRM is set up on a local intranet, SQL server is on the same box and I am working on the box 2008r2

Apr 29, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Try and access CRM using the server name. You can verify the correct server address to use by checking the value returned form Xrm.Page.context.getServerUrl(). It seems you are experiencing a cross domain issue.

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:06 AM

If you still experience the same error please download the latest version 1.0.0.4 and if you see an error please forward it to me.

Many thanks,

Rhett